We are wilting under the shroud of a spectacular heat wave here in the Bay area. Stifled by the temperature, nothing is moving – even the leaves are too warm to rustle. It’s so hot right now, it’s impossible to cook. In fact it’s so hot right now, it’s impossible to even write about cooking. So, let me treat you to a photo round up of a sensational summer grill menu in preparation for the fourth of July. Keep cool.
- Grilled Broccoli Rabe
- Not Very Easter Lamb
- Flourless Chocolate Cake with Strawberries and Cream
- Rhubarb Compote with Lemon and Sage
- Black Lentil Salad with Asparagus, Kale and Egg
- Rosemary and Porcini Crusted Lamb Loin Chops
- Grilled Pizza with Baby Kale, Broccolini and Chilies
- Fregola Sarda with Asparagus, Pecorino and Lemon
- Irish Beef Stew and a St. Patrick’s Day Menu
- Quick-Braised Chicken with White Wine and Vegetables
- Shrimp and Tabbouleh Salad
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Lamb, Bulgur and Chickpea Stew with Roasted Eggplant
- Kale Gratin
- Salmon and Spinach Chowder
- Valentine’s Chocolate
- Roasted Cauliflower with Chilies, Lemon and Mint
- Simple Suppers: Pasta with Bacon and Arugula
- Thai Marinated Skirt Steak with Sesame Noodles and Cilantro
- Parsnip and Celery Root Soup
About this Site:
Created by Lynda Balslev - writer, chef, designer, traveler and expat. Graduate of Le Cordon Bleu Ecole de Cuisine, Paris. Previous resident of Geneva, London, Copenhagen; currently residing in Northern California and relieved to be speaking English again.
Unless otherwise noted, all written text, recipes and photographs are Copyright of Lynda Balslev ©2008-2014. Material may not be duplicated, published or re-written without prior consent. All rights reserved.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.